Michael Olpin PhD
World leader in stress management and stress reduction
ABOUT DR. OLPIN
For more than 30 years, Dr. Olpin has been teaching courses on stress management, mind/body wellness, and other wellness-related subjects at various universities throughout the country.
He is the author of several published books, including his most recent UNWIND! 7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life (available in 4 languages), the college textbook Stress Management for Life, and The World is NOT a Stressful Place: Stress Relief for Everyone.
Dr. Olpin has influenced many throughout the world through his classes, digital media downloads, and his live and online presentations. He created the #1 online stress reduction, stress relief, and relaxation experience – stressmanagementplace.com.
At Weber State University, Dr. Olpin established and currently heads the Stress Relief Center, which offers relaxation opportunities to both community members, faculty, staff, and students. He is recognized for his expertise in conducting professional workshops, seminars, training sessions, and providing individual consultations to various groups, such as parents, students, athletes, and executives throughout the United States.
county health Department
National Credit Union Association
Industrial Services Company
nicholas & Company
Food Services Company
world financial group
Federal Government Agency
Utah Bankers Association
hill air force base
parker aerospace technologies
zions securities corporation
deseret mutual benefits administrators pacificorp
Ogden regional medical center
box elder county
Weber county water conservancy district
Altius Health Plans
Davis School District
marketstar utah municipal clerks association Orriant Wellness Provider Ogden City Police Department
America First Credit Union
Sports Equipment Company
United Way of Northern Utah
Invited Speeches & Presentations
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- American Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
- America First Credit Union
- American Mothers – Weber County Chapter
- American School Health Association
- ASCLS – Utah Chapter
- Association for the Advancement of Health Education
- Box Elder School District
- Brigham Young University
- CASA – Utah Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Childcare Leaders of Ogden
- CLMA – Utah Chapter
- Community United Methodist Church
- Davis School District
- Families Alive Annual Conference
- Family Connection Center (FCC)
- Good Things Utah (Channel 4 TV)
- Good4Utah (Channel 4 TV) Afternoon News
- Good4Utah (Channel 4 TV) Noon News
- Health Education Association of Utah Conference
- Health Science and Technology (HST) Education Summer Conference
- Junior League of Ogden
- LDS Church
- LDS Church Groups
- LDS Institute at Weber State
- Mountain States College Stores Association (Keynote Speaker)
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association
- National Social Science Association
- National Wellness Association
- North Ogden Community Group
- Northern Utah Division of Child and Family Services
- Northern Utah Marriage Celebration
- Northern Wasatch Oasis Group
- Ogden LDS Institute (WSU)
- Orriant Wellness
- PEHP Annual Wellness Council Conference
- Provo City Employees
- Rural Water Association of Utah
- Salomon Sports Equipment Company
- School Nutrition Association of Utah
- School Nutrition Managers – Alpine School District
- School Nutrition Managers – Canyons School District
- School Nutrition Managers – Granite School District
- School Nutrition Managers – Tooele School District
- Southwest District for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, And Dance
- United Way of Northern Utah
- Utah Academy of Science, Arts, & Letters
- Utah Association for Public Treasurers
- Utah Association of Elementary School Principals Conference
- Utah Bankers Association
- Utah Health Information Management Association (UHIMA) Keynote Speaker
- Utah Hoby Scholarship/Leadership
- Utah Municipal Clerks Association
- Utah Nurses Association
- Utah Public Health Association
- Utah School for the Deaf and Blind
- Utah State Health Professionals Annual Conference
- Utah State Respiratory Therapy Society
- Utah State University
- Utah State Worksite Health Promotion Conference
- Utah Women in Motion
- Utah Worksite Wellness Conference
- Weber Communities that Care Coalition
- Weber County Water Conservancy District
- Weber County Women’s Annual Conference
- Weber High School
- Weber State University
- Women’s Recovery Center
- World Senior Games
“I just want you to know that you did save my life.”
“I had been suffering from depression for about 12 years now. I had an anxiety disorder that took me a
I really just wanted to thank you for teaching these things to me. I will never forget what this has done for me. I just want you to know that you did save my life.“
– Jacob N.
Successfully managing your stress is possible.
My goal is to give you tools you can use daily to reduce and minimize the effects of your stress.
I’m committed to helping you heal.
Because people are different, what works for one may not always work for another.
Still, we use enough powerful tools that at least a few, and usually several, will work to help you effectively turn off stress and feel a lot better.
And the more you use the tools, the more calm, peaceful, and relaxed you will feel every single day.
Books & Publications
A few books
Bestselling College Textbook
Stress Management for Life
Clearly explaining the “how to” of stress management and prevention, STRESS MANAGEMENT FOR LIFE, 4e emphasizes experiential learning and encourages readers to personalize text information through practical applications and a “
Bestselling Popular Stress Relief
Unwind! 7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life
Unwind! is about optimizing your body, heart, mind, and soul, recognizing that any and all of these dimensions of your life affect your anxiety level. It helps you get clear about who you are as well as your priorities and goals.
Popular Stress Relief
The World is NOT a Stressful Place
The World is NOT a Stressful Place puts in your hands an effective and easy to learn approach for managing stress. Thousands have learned and internalized the principles found in this book and have learned how to live happier, more peaceful, and productive lives.
Unwind! (Spanish Version)
Respira! Los 7 Principios de la gente altamente efectiva para vivir sin estres
Los siete principios fundamentales para controlar el estrés. Este libro nos lleva de la mano a través de los siete paradigmas que cambiarán nuestro modo de ver las cosas y que nos abrirán la puerta a un mundo sano y sin estrés
Unwind! (Chinese Edition)
7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life (Chinese Edition)
Stress Management for Life (3rd Edition)
Third version of the college textbook.
Stress Management for Life (5th Edition)
If you’re tired of headaches, difficulties sleeping, feeling burned out or depressed, or experiencing a host of other chronic stress symptoms; if you’d like to master mindfulness, meditation, yoga, positive self-talk, find meaning, manage your time, and dozens of other stress-managing tools, this is the only stress management book you’ll ever need.
Stress Management for Life (1st Edition)
1st version of the college textbook.
There's so much that's available to help you feel a lot better
We ALL Have Hard Things…
Watch the video to see what I mean
Fun Facts About Dr. Mike
When Mike isn’t teaching you’ll probably find him:
- Spending time with his wife Shanyn and his kids – Analise, Erica, Adam, and Ben.
- Running or riding his bike on mountain trails.
- Playing basketball, pickleball, racquetball or any other sport.
- Reading, relaxing, hiking or exploring the beautiful outdoors.
For Speaking or Consultation Contact Me Directly
If you'd like to receive my free stress management & wellness newsletter, include your information below.
831 E. 3400 No.
North Ogden, UT
Copyright © 2022 Olpin Stress Management & Wellness Consulting, LLC. All rights reserved